Gia Cari is a partner in the firm’s property & development group. She provides a broad range of advice to private, corporate and institutional clients. Gia advises on acquisitions, disposals, developments, real estate finance and leasing transactions.
“What we enjoyed most as a client was the commercial outlook that Gia took to seek the best outcome for our business and its investors.”
- sales and acquisitions for commercial, retail, industrial and mixed-use properties
- property due diligence
- development projects
- advice on complex title issues
- land subdivisions and staged residential and commercial land development, and
- commercial and retail leasing.
Gia has acted on a variety of property matters for private clients, commercial property developers and property investors, including on behalf of:
- Beulah International: in relation to the acquisition of 185 City Road, Southbank from BMW for $101 million, including ongoing advice in relation to the redevelopment, leasing and subdivision of the site
- Dial-A-Dump: in relation to the property aspects of Ian Malouf’s sale of the business to ASX-listed Bingo Industries for $577.5 million
Hume Property Group: in relation to the documentation and negotiation of an Agreement for Lease and Lease of 55 City Road, Southbank with TFE Hotels for the Adina, Southbank Hotel
Cremorne Properties: in relation to ongoing retail and office leasing, including in relation to tenants such as REA Group and Tesla and general advice on property acquisitions and due diligence
DeGroup: in relation to the sale of the $175 million Bradmill Site, Yarraville
Lascorp Development Group: in relation to the disposal of numerous retail shopping centres and development sites in Victoria and Queensland to SCA Property Group
Grenda Group: in relation to the property aspects of the sale of the Grenda bus and coach operating businesses, Grenda Transit Management to Ventura
Grenda Group: in relation to the property aspects of the sale of the Grenda bus manufacturing business Volgren to Brazilian based manufacturer, Marcopolo
Walker Corporation: in relation to the acquisition, development, subdivision and leasing matters at Towers One, Two, Three, Four, the Lantern Building and Good Shed South at Collins Square, Victoria comprising a mixed-use retail and office development, including the negotiation and documentation of the sale of Tower Three, Collins Square to CIMB Group
Visy Industries Australia: in relation to the sale of industrial paper manufacturing and warehouse and distribution facilities in Victoria, NSW and South Australia
Private clients: private high net wealth investors in relation to documenting and negotiating the sale and acquisition of land in Victoria, including the sale of:
357 Collins Street, Melbourne to Australand
557 St Kilda Road, Melbourne to SP Setia Berhad
454 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne to Golden Age Group, and
Private clients: in relation to complex and staged land subdivisions and not-in-common ownership transfers.
- Charter Hall: in relation to property matters, due diligence and documentation of the acquisition of the Coles distribution centre, Smeaton Grange NSW and acquisitions for the Charter Hall wholesale partnership including home improvement focused assets such as the Bunnings Mornington, Tasmania and Bunnings Gungahlin, ACT
- Charter Hall: in relation to the sale of off-the-plan industrial and residential redevelopment land within the Drystone Estate, Victoria and Darra Estate, Queensland, and
- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation: in relation to property aspects of its acquisition of the Krispy Kreme Australia and New Zealand franchise business.
Awards & recognition
Gia is recognised as a leading lawyer by various international guides to lawyers and law firms, including
- Doyle’s Guide: property and real estate, and
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific: real estate.