Jeremy acts for a range of public and private clients in Australia and overseas across various industry sectors, including technology and internet, retail, cybersecurity, property development, and pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws from The University of Melbourne, Jeremy joined Arnold Bloch Leibler as an articled clerk in 2008, was appointed a senior associate in 2012 and became a partner in 2018. Jeremy completed a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at Melbourne Business School in 2018, and has spoken publicly about the importance of emotional intelligence and being business savvy in legal practice.
Jeremy was first ranked by Chambers Asia Pacific in 2015 as an ‘associate to watch’ in Corporate/M&A. Jeremy has been ranked by Chambers Global for Corporate/M&A in each subsequent year, attracting praise as an “astute, sensible and practical adviser” who offers “clear, succinct advice” and flexible engagement with client requirements.
In 2017 and 2018 Jeremy was selected by his peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers® International list for Australia for his work in Equity Capital Markets Law. Jeremy was also recognised in Legal Media Group’s Rising Stars 2015 Expert Guides publication for Corporate/M&A in Australia, and again in the 2016, 2017 and 2018 publications for Corporate/M&A/Private Equity, the only lawyer in Australia ranked for that category. Jeremy was selected as a finalist for ‘Senior Associate of the Year’ and is a member of the corporate and commercial group that won ‘Transaction Team of the Year’ at the 2015 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards.
Jeremy’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- public takeovers, mergers and acquisitions;
- public and private capital raisings, including initial public offerings and ASX listings;
- business and share acquisitions and disposals;
- shareholder activism and board disputes;
- corporate governance;
- joint ventures and commercial agreements; and
- general commercial and corporate advice.
Jeremy is a member of the Advisory Board of Community Security Group Victoria. He is also a:
- fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia (FGIA);
- member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD);
- member of the Law Council of Australia; and
- member of the International Bar Association.