Jeremy acts for a range of public and private clients in Australia and overseas across various industry sectors, including technology and internet, retail, cybersecurity, property development, and pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws from The University of Melbourne, Jeremy joined Arnold Bloch Leibler as an articled clerk in 2008, was appointed a senior associate in 2012 and became a partner in 2018. Jeremy holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Melbourne Business School, and has spoken publicly about the importance of emotional intelligence and being business savvy in legal practice.
Jeremy was first ranked by Chambers Asia Pacific as an ‘associate to watch’ in Corporate/M&A, and is now ranked by Chambers Global for Corporate/M&A, attracting praise as an “astute, sensible and practical adviser” who offers “clear, succinct advice” and flexible engagement with client requirements.
Jeremy has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers® International list for Australia for his work in Equity Capital Markets Law. Jeremy is also recognised in Legal Media Group’s Rising Stars Expert Guides publication for Corporate/M&A/Private Equity, the only lawyer in Australia ranked for that category.
Jeremy’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- public takeovers, mergers and acquisitions
- public and private capital raisings, including initial public offerings and ASX listings
- business and share acquisitions and disposals
- shareholder activism and board disputes
- corporate governance, culture and strategy
- joint ventures and commercial agreements, and
- general commercial and corporate advice.