He is a trusted advisor to numerous active and innovative public companies - bringing his intellect and experience to bear not only in their corporate matters and acquisition activities, but across their legal affairs and strategic challenges and opportunities. Jonathan has also acted on and managed some of the most complex and important private transactions in the Australian marketplace.
Jonathan’s specialties are expressed in his strategic insight, his skills of analysis and communication, and the breadth of his business experience across a range of industry sectors, including internet, manufacturing, agriculture, retail, health and banking.
Jonathan is ranked as one of Australia’s leading Corporate and M&A lawyers in Chambers Asia Pacific and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific. He is also recognised by Best Lawyers® International in the area of corporate and M&A law and has been ranked by Doyle’s Guide in the categories of private equity and corporate law.
Jonathan’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- public takeovers, mergers and acquisitions
- public and private capital raisings, including initial public offerings and ASX listings, shareholder activism and board disputes
- corporate governance and advisory
- joint ventures and commercial agreements
- general commercial and corporate advice, and
- infrastructure privatisation and major projects, including project documentation and structuring of equity participation.