Rebecca Zwier is a Senior Associate in the firm’s corporate & M&A and capital markets groups. Rebecca practises in commercial and corporate law across both private and public sectors.
Her experience includes acting on private business acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures, capital raisings and general commercial and corporate matters across a range of industries. Rebecca’s experience of working in-house enabled her to gain a greater understanding of the client legal experience and the importance of understanding a client’s business, which she brings to her practice.
Rebecca graduated with Honours in a combined Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Melbourne.
Prior to joining Arnold Bloch Leibler in 2015, Rebecca worked in a commercial legal role and also spent a number of years working with an international law firm.
Rebecca was appointed a Senior Associate at Arnold Bloch Leibler in 2016.
Recommended for Commercial Law in Australia
Rebecca’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- listed public companies;
- public takeovers and mergers;
- public and private capital raisings, including initial public offerings;
- private business acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures; and
- general commercial and corporate advice.
Rebecca has acted in a range of matters, including on behalf of:
- Beddison Corporation: in its partial sell-down to a listed Japanese purchaser;
- Icon Co: on its sale of a majority stake to one of Japan’s largest builders, Kajima Corporation and various other commercial matters;
- SuperPay Australia Pty Ltd (a subsidiary of European payment services provider Bambora Group): on its acquisition of IP Payments and various other matters;
- Aware Water Holdings Pty Ltd, a newly established entity which owns and leases water entitlements in Australia: on the acquisition of 100 per cent of the issued share capital of Summit Water Holdings Pty Ltd;
- RCG Corporation: on its $200 million acquisition of Accent Group Limited, distributor and retailer of Vans, Skechers, Dr Martens and Timberland; and
- Slater & Gordon: on its $890 million AREO to partially fund its $1.225 billion acquisition of Quindell’s PSD in the UK.
Prior to Arnold Bloch Leibler, Rebecca acted for a number of public and private clients including in relation to:
- Capital raisings;
- Major business and asset disposals by ASX listed clients; and
- Various private joint venture arrangements.