Ari Bendet is a Senior Associate in our corporate and commercial practice. He has a particular focus on private and public M&A, capital markets, private equity and corporate governance.
Ari has significant experience in complex and large-scale corporate transactions. He acts for a range of public and private clients in Australia and overseas across various industry sectors including technology, hospitality, healthcare, infrastructure and financial services.
Ari graduated from Monash University with a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws with first class honours. He joined the firm in 2021.
Prior to joining Arnold Bloch Leibler, Ari was a Senior Associate in the Mergers, Acquisitions and Capital Markets team at Allens. Ari also spent time in BGH Capital's legal team on secondment.
Ari's practice focuses on the following areas:
- public takeovers, schemes and mergers
- private M&A
- stakeholder agreements, including partnership, shareholder and joint venture agreements
- capital markets, including IPOs
- private equity
- listed and non-listed corporate governance, compliance and advisory, and
- general commercial and corporate advice.
Ari has acted on a range of corporate and commercial matters, including:
Public M&A transactions
- BGH Capital: in relation to:
- its $468 million acquisition of Village Roadshow Limited by way of scheme of arrangement (whilst on secondment)
- its acquisition of Abano Healthcare Limited by way of scheme of arrangement (whilst on secondment), and
- Couche-Tard: on its proposed $8.6 billion buyout of Caltex.
Private M&A transactions
- Morrison & Co and consortium comprising Future Fund, CSC and Sunsuper: on the consortium’s $2.8 billion acquisition of a 49% stake in Telstra’s InfraCo Towers
- AustralianSuper: on its acquisition of a 70% interest in Optus Towers for $1.9 billion
- ANZ: on its $3.8 billion divestment of its wealth business
- KKR: on its $3.14 billion acquisition of Arnott’s, as well as numerous bolt-on acquisitions
- Brookfield and its portfolio company Healthscope: on the integration of Healthscope’s private hospitals nationally with the public health system in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic
- Future Fund: on a number of private equity co-investments, and
- KKR and its portfolio company Australian Venue Co. (AVC): on the establishment of AVC’s Queensland hotels joint venture with Coles.
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners: on its exit from PEXA via a $3.3 billion IPO following a competitive dual track process, and
- KKR and its portfolio company Australian Venue Co. (AVC): on AVC’s proposed IPO.
Awards & recognition
Ari received the Excellence Award in the Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year category in the 2020 Australasian Law Awards.