Her practice has an emphasis on large-scale commercial litigation (including class actions and royal commissions), corporate regulatory investigations, reconstruction and insolvency and contract and trust disputes.
Elyse is noted by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific as a ‘next generation lawyer’ for her expertise in the area of dispute resolution.
Elyse was a member of the ABL team that won ‘Insolvency & Restructuring Deal of the Year’ and ‘Australia Deal of the Year’ for its work on the Arrium administrations at the 2018 Australasian Law Awards. She also appeared in a landmark case involving the administration of the Ten Group regarding the independence of administrators.
She has also acted for pro-bono clients, including the African Australian community of Flemington and Kensington in the seminal Federal Court racial discrimination action against Victoria Police.
Elyse graduated from The University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in marketing, and a Bachelor of Laws with first class honours. She joined the firm and was admitted to practice in 2010. She was appointed as a partner effective July 2019.
Elyse’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- commercial litigation principally in the Supreme, Federal and appellate Courts, and alternative dispute resolution
- insolvency and restructuring advice and litigation
- regulatory investigations
- royal commissions
- corporate governance, including board and shareholder disputes, directors’ duties, shareholders’ oppression claims, and continuous disclosure obligations, and
- contractual, trust and trade practices disputes.