Henry Lanzer AM is a senior commercial partner whose practice has a strong emphasis on corporate finance and strategic advice. His practice also covers all facets of mergers and acquisitions advice.
Appointed as a Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia ‘for significant service to the community, particularly through a range of educational, research and arts organisations, and to the law’.
Henry’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- commercial and corporate law, including structuring and governance issues
- mergers and acquisitions, including negotiation, structuring and completion
- corporate restructuring and ASX listings, and
- strategic planning, particularly at board level.
Directorships & memberships
Henry has been a non-executive director of Premier Investments Limited and of The Just Group since 2008, and also a non executive director of Thorney Opportunities Limited since 2013.
In addition to his legal and commercial work, Henry has made a major contribution to a number of institutions, notably serving Mount Scopus Memorial College for over 25 years, first as College Treasurer (1988 to 1996) and then for 18 years as the President of the Mount Scopus Memorial College Foundation (1996 to 2014).
Henry was a former board member of the TarraWarra Museum of Art and was a director of the board of the Burnet Institute. He is also the Honorary Solicitor and advisor to a number of communal organisations.
Awards & recognition
Henry is recognised as a leading lawyer by various international guides to lawyers and law firms, including:
- Best Lawyers® International: corporate law
- Doyle’s Guide: corporate law, and
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific: corporate law.