Arnold Bloch Leibler has marked its 70th anniversary with a gala event in Melbourne and Prime Minister Anthony Albanese as our special guest.
We were honoured to have clients from across the firm’s 70 years of service among the guests - more than 900 in total - alongside senior politicians representing federal, state and local jurisdictions, and colleagues from across the legal profession.
As senior partner Mark Leibler said in his address, it is the dreams and courage of our clients that have been the force behind Arnold Bloch Leibler’s success.
Managing partner Henry Lanzer spoke of his pride in seeing the next generation of partners in the room who, alongside the next generation of business and community leaders, are already making their mark on the law and on our society at large.
“There’s no way of predicting who might be Prime Minister when Arnold Bloch Leibler marks its centenary in 2053,” Mark said. “But everything is in place to assume the event, 30 years from now, will be just as well attended, just as celebratory and just as impressive as this evening’s gathering.”
Click below to read the remarks from key speakers Mark Leibler AC, Henry Lanzer AM, and guest of honour The Hon Anthony Albanese MP.
“Your firm is an extraordinary Australian success story. Your achievements have stacked up over the decades … through it all Arnold Bloch Leibler has always served a higher purpose. You've never forgotten where you've come from. You've never forgotten why you are here.”
- Sayers, Andrews, Frydenberg: Melbourne who’s who celebrate ABL, Australian Financial Review, 21 August 2023. Read the print version here.
- Voice to parliament: Jews ‘recognise Indigenous ties to land’, says Mark Leibler, The Australian, 21 August 2023. Read the print version here.
- A crowd of billionaires for Arnold Bloch Leibler’s 70th anniversary celebration, The Australian, 22 August 2023. Read the print version here.
- All the shiny people glimmer and gossip at star-studded anniversary bash, The Age, 22 August 2023. Read the print version here.
- Leading lawyer raises Voice on top firm’s big night, The Age, 22 August 2023. Read the print version here.
- Support for the Voice shines through Arnold Bloch Leibler’s 70th-year celebration, Lawyer's Weekly, 23 August 2023.
70th anniversary story
After 70 years, much has changed but our purpose has stayed the same - to assist our clients when it matters most.