Damien Cuddihy practises in banking and finance law with a particular focus on property finance. He has acted for a variety of commercial and corporate clients, including financial institutions, large corporations, property developers and family businesses, on a diverse range of finance matters.
Recommended for Project Finance and Development Law
- banking and finance, including documenting and negotiating large corporate lending transactions, syndicated facilities and mezzanine finance arrangements, with a particular focus on non-bank lending;
- property and development, including property and development finance, property joint ventures, wholesale property funds and development agreements; and
- general commercial and corporate transactions, including joint ventures and shareholder arrangements.
Damien has acted in a range of matters, including on behalf of:
- MaxCap Group: in relation to the senior, mezzanine and preferred equity financing of numerous residential and commercial property developments
- Gurner™: in relation to the development and financing aspects of several significant projects, including:
senior, mezzanine and note issue arrangements for the financing of its A$600 million mixed-use development in Fortitude Valley, Queensland, and
the A$550 million residential development project in St Kilda, Victoria, known as Saint Moritz.
- Merricks Capital: in connection with a variety of property, corporate and agricultural financings, including:
a A$220 million syndicated facility to fund construction of the Castle Residences residential and hotel development in Sydney, and
a A$190 million syndicated facility to fund construction of the mixed-use development in Abbotsford, Victoria, known as Park House.
- Brady Group: in relation to the financing of a number of residential apartment towers incorporating hotel and commercial components
- Dennis Group: in connection with the financing of a series of land subdivision projects
- VPV Investments LLC/FTI Consulting: in connection with the receivership of the Pentridge Village development
- Impact: in relation to all legal aspects of its acquisition of the K5 Tower in Fortitude Valley, Queensland
- Gardior: in connection with a strategic review of the management of The Infrastructure Fund undertaken on behalf of unitholders
- Charter Hall: in relation to the establishment and financing of several wholesale property funds, including the Core Logistics Property Fund and the LWIP Trust
- Alceon: in connection with the structuring and establishment of a A$250 million wholesale development finance fund
- Hermal Group and Australian Sustainable Hardwoods: in relation to the financing of the purchase of the Heyfield timber mill from Gunns Limited and its subsidiaries
- major international financial institutions: in relation to the syndicated financing of several independent water and power projects and other corporate facilities in the Sultanate of Oman, and
- local and foreign institutional and private investors: advising in relation to investments in land and development facilities, including pursuant to participation arrangements, note subscription documentation and unit trust structures.