Brianna Youngson is a special counsel in Arnold Bloch Leibler's property & development practice. She has acted for private, corporate and institutional clients in a broad range of commercial, industrial and retail property matters, including sales, acquisitions, disposals, developments and leasing transactions.
Brianna was appointed as a special counsel in 2023. Prior to joining Arnold Bloch Leibler, she worked for a national law firm in their property practice in Melbourne. She is named by Doyle’s Guide Australia as a rising star in property and real estate and is also recognised by Best Lawyers® International for real property law.
Brianna holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Melbourne. She is admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia.
Recommended for Real Property Law in Australia
Brianna’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- sales and acquisitions for commercial, industrial, mixed-use and retail properties
- commercial, retail and industrial leasing transactions
- property due diligence for acquisitions and sales, and
- development projects.
Brianna has acted in a range of matters, including:
- Charter Hall Group: in relation to:
- the sale of the Great Western Super Centre to CVS Lane Capital Partners and Consolidated Properties Group
- the development and long-term lease of two new Coles Customer Fulfilment Centres in Melbourne and Sydney
- the acquisition of a $353m portfolio of six Bunnings assets located in prime metropolitan markets, including Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane
- the sale of Bunnings Rockhampton to MPG Funds Management Limited (as trustee of the MPG BW Rockhampton Trust) for $43.5m
- the purchase of Bunnings Palmerston for $41.3m
- pre-lease deals with Uniqlo, Toll and Bridgestone at the Midwest Logistics Hub in Melbourne
- pre-lease deals with Calendar Cheese and Fernhurst in respect of cold storage warehouses at Charter Hall’s Drystone estate in Melbourne’s west
- a new $20m logistics facility for Construction Equipment Australia within Charter Hall’s Connectwest Industrial Park in Darra, Brisbane
- Charter Hall Group and Abacus Property Group: in relation to their respective acquisitions of a one-third interest in the Myer Melbourne building for a combined $270m
- Salta: in relation to the acquisition, development and leasing of commercial properties
- Impact Investment Group: in relation to:
- the $170m sale of K1 office building in Brisbane, QLD
- the $70m sale of the One Hundred Broadway office complex in Sydney to MTAA Super, and
- the $100m+ sale of the iconic Byron Bay Beach Hotel
- IP Generation: in relation to:
- the acquisition of a $300m portfolio of Sydney and regional NSW neighbourhood shopping centres
- the acquisition of the Corio Shopping Centre from Vicinity Centres and ongoing retail and commercial leasing matters
- HB+B Property on the acquisition and industrial development at Dingley Village for $19.75m
- Juilliard Group of Companies: in relation to the acquisition of commercial properties in Tuggeranong, ACT and Docklands, Victoria and ongoing commercial and retail leasing matters
- Hallmarc: in relation to ongoing retail and commercial leasing matters
- Telstra Corporation: in relation to numerous office leasing matters and sale of a major development site in Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria
- Marks Henderson: in relation to the sale of commercial properties in Victoria, and
- 3L Alliance: in relation to a joint venture with Goldfields Living in respect of a residential development in Rockbank, Victoria.
Residential and mixed-use developments
- Intrapac Projects: in relation to the acquisition and development of residential development sites in Victoria and New South Wales, and
- John Singleton Group: in relation to the acquisition and development of residential sites.
Awards & recognition
Brianna is recognised as a leading lawyer by international guide to lawyers and law firms, including:
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific: real estate,
- Best Lawyers® International: real property law, and
- Doyle’s Guide: property and real estate.