Laura is a Senior Associate in Arnold Bloch Leibler’s commercial and private clients practice. She provides commercial advice to a broad range of private clients, including high net worth individuals, family groups and private corporations.
Laura’s practice predominantly focuses on business and company acquisitions and sales, succession planning, structuring and restructuring (both solvent and insolvent) and complex family disputes. She has experience in, and a particular understanding of, the dynamics of private businesses and families and both advises clients in relation to their family succession planning and provides commercially focused advice in relation to their business succession and structuring.
Laura graduated from The University of Melbourne with a first class honours degree in law and a degree in commerce with a finance major and a Master of Laws. She joined Arnold Bloch Leibler as a Graduate in 2012, was admitted to practice in 2013 and was appointed as a Senior Associate in 2017.
Recommended for Commercial Law in Australia
Laura’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- commercial and corporate advice
- mergers and acquisitions
- stakeholder agreements, including shareholder and unitholder agreements
- restructuring (solvent and insolvent)
- business and succession planning, including family agreements, and
- estate planning.
Laura has acted for clients in a wide range of matters, including:
- PwC, as deed administrators: in relation to the insolvency of listed retail fashion group PAS Group Limited
- KordaMentha, in relation to various insolvency matters
- Highpoint Property Group: in relation to the sale of its 25% stake in Highpoint Shopping Centre to GPT for $680 million
- Luxury Retail Group: in relation to the buy-back by Furla Group of its stores in Australia
- Daniel Besen: in relation to the acquisition and disposal of various private equity investments in a range of businesses
- Contemporary Arts Precinct: in relation to the redevelopment of the former Collingwood Technical School site into a contemporary arts precinct
- The Beddison Group: in the sale of a majority stake to Japanese limited company Outsourcing Inc
- SEEK Limited: in relation to its acquisition of a further stake in Online Education Services Pty Ltd
- Slater & Gordon: in relation to the acquisition of legal practices, including Nowicki Carbone, and
- Some of Australia’s wealthiest individuals and family groups: in relation to estate planning, business succession planning, wealth management, family agreements and complex family disputes.
Awards & recognition
Laura is recognised as a leading lawyer by an international guide to lawyers and law firms:
- Best Lawyers® International: commercial law.