Anna is a Senior Associate (effective July 2020) in the firm’s Workplace Advisory group.
She advises on every stage of the employment relationship, including in relation to contractual and incentive arrangements, restructures and redundancies, protection of confidential information, post-employment restraints and disputes.
Anna provides clear and focused advice that is tailored to her client’s individual needs and aims. She acts for clients in a range of industries, including retail, hospitality, pharmaceutical, investment, property and not-for-profit sectors, regularly acting for senior executives, particularly those in the financial sector.
Anna joined Arnold Bloch Leibler in 2015 as a law graduate in the Workplace Advisory group and was appointed as Senior Associate effective July 2020. She holds a Master of Laws (Juris Doctor) from Monash University and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Melbourne.
Anna’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- engagement of employees and contractors, including contracts and incentive arrangements
- award compliance
- restructures and workforce planning
- protection of confidential information
- post-employment restraints
- defending Fair Work Commission claims, and
- industrial bargaining.
- Just Group Limited: acted in relation to Victorian Supreme Court proceedings commenced to prevent a former executive employee from taking up employment with a key competitor
- Slater & Gordon: assisted to renegotiate two enterprise agreements approved by the Fair Work Commission, as part of Slater & Gordon’s turnaround strategy
- A large insurance provider: advised in relation to an urgent company-wide restructure following outcomes of the banking royal commission
- COVID-19 effects: advised clients in all industries in relation to comprehensive new workplace laws, and provided strategic advice regarding stand down, JobKeeper, restructuring and return to work
- A senior executive in the mining industry: acted in relation to a breach of contract claim commenced in the Federal Court, and reached a successful settlement
- A health services provider: advised in relation to bullying allegations, including conducting an investigation, and acted in a protracted bullying claim in the Fair Work Commission
- A senior executive in the property industry: negotiated employment terms and commission arrangements in securing a new role, and
- Various clients in the not-for-profit and education sectors: advised in relation to engagement of employees and contractors, termination of employment, performance management and employment disputes.