Vidushee is a Senior Associate in the firm's corporate, M&A and capital markets group.
Vidushee regularly advises listed public companies and high net worth investors across a range of public, private and equity capital market transactions.
Vidushee’s transactional experience has been diverse, from advising on large public company matters to small strategic acquisitions, including takeovers, shareholder activism and board disputes. Vidushee acts for clients that are active in various industries including retail, real estate and technology.
Vidushee joined Arnold Bloch Leibler in 2017 and was appointed Senior Associate in 2020. Vidushee graduated with a Bachelor of Economics and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Sydney in 2015.
She has been recognised in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific for Corporate and M&A Law and Best Lawyers® International as ‘One to Watch’ for Corporate Law and Equity Capital Markets Law.
'One to Watch' for Corporate Law and Equity Capital Markets Law
Vidushee's practice focuses on the following areas:
- takeovers, mergers and acquisitions
- public listings and equity capital markets, including Corporations Act and ASX listing rule advice
- private and public companies, including asset and share acquisitions and disposals, and
- shareholder activism and all aspects of corporate governance.
Vidushee has been involved in the following matters:
Corporate and M&A
- ME Bank: in relation to its $1.325 billion sale to the Bank of Queensland
- carsales.com: in relation to its acquisition of a 49 percent stake in US-based digital marketplace business, Trader Interactive
- Zip Co Limited: in relation to:
- its $491 million acquisition of US-based Sezzle Inc
- its $400 million acquisition of New York based QuadPay Inc
- ARA Asset Management, a leading Asia Pacific real estate funds manager: on its unsolicited $511 million proportional off-market takeover of ASX listed Cromwell Property Group, including associated Takeovers Panel proceedings
- Praemium: in relation to the sale of its international businesses to global investment research house Morningstar for $65.1 million
- A consortium controlled by Antony Catalano and Thorney Investment Group: in relation to the $115 million acquisition of the Australian Community Media and printing business from Nine Entertainment
- Dial-A-Dump Industries: in relation to the sale of the privately owned group to ASX listed Bingo Industries for $577.5 million, and
- Specialty Fashion Group (now City Chic Collective): in relation to the strategic sale of its brand portfolio to Noni B Limited.
Equity capital markets
- Zip Co Limited: in relation to its $200 million convertible note fundraising and $40 million strategic equity investment from Westpac Banking Corporation
- Freedom Foods: $265m recapitalisation by way of secured convertible notes
- Redcape Hotel Group: in relation to:
- its IPO and ASX listing, and
- its delisting from the ASX
- Capital raisings for early stage companies including Elula Holdings Pty Ltd and FAST AF, Inc.
- ARA Asset Management: in relation to its campaign to appoint Dr Gary Weiss AM and Mr Joe Gersh AM to the board of Cromwell Property Group, and
- Michael Kum, through his Singaporean investment vehicle, Halom Investments: in relation to a public dispute with the board of marine service provider, MMA Offshore.
Awards & recognition
Vidushee is recognised as a leading lawyer by various international guides to lawyers and law firms, including:
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific: corporate and M&A, and
- Best Lawyers® International: corporate law and equity capital markets law.