Ross Paterson is a partner in the firm’s private clients and commercial practice. He has extensive experience advising high-net-worth and ultra high-wealth individuals and private groups on a range of legal and commercial matters, including succession planning, group structuring, acquisition and divestment of businesses, establishment of family agreements and resolution of family disputes.
Ross has been recognised in various prominent international guides to lawyers and law firms, including Chambers Asia Pacific for private wealth law, in which sources praise him as “a truly terrific private client lawyer” and someone who has “a very pleasant and genuine manner which enables him to relate easily to a wide range of personalities”. He has also been recognised in Best Lawyers® International in the area of commercial law and mergers & acquisitions law.
Ross graduated from The University of Melbourne with an honours degree in law and a degree in commerce with an accounting major.
“Not a lawyer who takes a point just for the sake of it; he’s finding a solution for the benefit of his client.”
Ross focuses on the following areas:
- succession planning, family agreements, and group structuring
estate, trust and family disputes
- stakeholder agreements, including partnership, shareholder and joint venture agreements
- advising professional practices, including accounting, law and financial advisory firms
- mergers and acquisitions, and
- corporate restructuring.
Directorships & memberships
Ross is a member of advisory boards for several high-net-worth families.
Awards & recognition
Ross is recognised as a leading lawyer by various international guides to lawyers and law firms, including:
- Best Lawyers® International: commercial law and mergers & acquisitions law
- Chambers High Net Worth: private wealth law, and
- Doyle’s Guide: wills, estates and succession planning.