Lucy Eastoe is a senior associate in the firm’s property & development practice.
Lucy specialises in planning and environmental law. She is also a qualified town planner. Lucy draws on both her town planning and legal experience to bring a unique and comprehensive understanding of projects and to deliver outcomes for clients.
Lucy advises on a wide range of planning and environmental matters. She has extensive experience with planning disputes including merits reviews to VCAT, variation and removal of restrictive covenants and aboriginal cultural heritage. She acts for a range of private developers, statutory bodies and institutional clients.
Lucy joined the firm in early 2022. Prior to joining ABL, she was a planning senior associate in a Melbourne law firm. She also has extensive experience as a town planner in both local government and private practice.
Lucy is an experienced advocate and instructing solicitor in VCAT, the Supreme Court and Planning Panels Victoria.
Recognised as a rising star for planning & environmental law in Australia
Lucy’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- planning permit application strategy at all stages for developments in Victoria and New South Wales
- the removal and variation of restrictive covenants
- Aboriginal cultural heritage
- planning disputes in VCAT, Planning Panels and the Supreme Court
- due diligence on the acquisition of development sites
- planning permit applications and planning scheme amendments
- native vegetation and local laws tree removal issues
- compulsory acquisitions of land, including consequential valuation of land issues
- road and laneways including claims or discontinuations
- heritage, including reviews to the Heritage Council, and
- planning enforcement and planning and environment prosecutions.
Lucy has acted on a range of planning and environmental matters, including:
Planning applications and amendments
- Appearance at Planning Panels in respect to proposed application of a Heritage Overlay to an inner-city retail premises.
- Instructing solicitor in relation to a proposed almond hulling facility in north-west regional Victoria.
- Appearance at VCAT in respect to a townhouse development in Box Hill, Victoria.
Memberships & recognition
Lucy is a board member of the Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association. She is recognised as a rising star by Doyles Guide in the area of planning & environmental law.