It is a criminal offence if you do not apply on time and penalties may apply.
For Directors and alternate directors of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (CATSI Act) the deadline for application depends on the date of first becoming a director. Please check the applicable dates on the ABRS website here.
Under what circumstances is a Director ID not required?
A Director ID is not required if you are:
- a company secretary but not a director
- acting as an external administrator of a company
- running a business as a sole trader or partnership
- referred to as a ‘director’ in your job title but have not been appointed as a director under the Corporations Act or the CATSI Act
- a director of a registered charity with an organisation type that is not registered with ASIC to operate throughout Australia, or
- an officer of an unincorporated association, cooperative or incorporated association established under state or territory legislation, unless the organisation is also a registered Australian body.
How do I apply for a Director ID?
In order to apply for a Director ID, you can follow the steps below.
Step 1: Set up myGovID
You will require either a standard or strong identity strength myGovID. If you do not have a myGovID account, you can find information on How to set up myGovID.
Note that a myGovID is different to standard myGov account which links to online services such as the ATO or Centrelink.
Step 2: Gather your documents
You will need the following information:
- your tax file number (TFN)
- your residential address as held by the ATO, and
- information from two documents to verify your identity such as bank account details, an ATO notice of assessment, super account details, a dividend statement, a Centrelink payment summary or a PAYG payment summary.
Step 3: Complete your application
After completing steps 1 and 2, you can apply for your director ID through the Australian Business Registry Services (ABRS) ABRS Website.
If you cannot get a myGovID
- If you currently live in Australia, you can contact the ABRS by phone or lodge a paper application.
- For applicants outside Australia, you will be required to lodge a paper application and provide certified copies of your identity documents.
You can find more information on these options on Verify Your Identity.