A tenacious negotiator who pursues the best possible commercial result for his clients, Philip has acted for major banking groups, financial institutions, commercial borrowers, family businesses, partnerships and property developers.
Philip has been a partner of Arnold Bloch Leibler since 1991. Most recently, in 2017, Philip was recognised by Best Lawyers® International for his expertise in the area of commercial law. In addition to his commercial practice, Philip has provided pro bono legal advice to many community organisations and institutions. He was the President of the Zionist Federation of Australia from 2006 to 2014. In 2003, Philip was awarded the Centenary Medal in recognition of his service to the Jewish community.
Philip is a member of the banking & finance, property & development and commercial & corporate groups. His practice focuses on the following areas:
- banking and finance, including acting for many banking and finance institutions in large property and corporate lending transactions, as well as acting for large commercial borrowers;
- commercial property, including sales and acquisitions advice, due diligence reviews, portfolio management advice to trustees, responsible entities, custodians and property syndicates;
- project and structured finance, negotiating mezzanine debt and venture capital arrangements, documenting large commercial transactions and negotiating workouts;
- reconstruction and insolvency, advising receivers, managers and voluntary administrators on complex insolvency issues; and
- commercial advice, including the sale and acquisition of major businesses, private business restructuring, succession planning, partnership, joint venture, financial and commercial agreements.