Sam Dollard is a commercial litigator whose practice covers a wide range of commercial transactions. Sam has acted in the UK as well as in Australia for clients from industries including property development, mining, manufacturing, telecommunications and retailing, and has been involved in ASIC investigations, and in proceedings involving allegations of white collar crime.
Sam’s practice focuses on general commercial disputes, including corporate, joint venture and contractual disputes.
Sam has acted for major Australian and overseas corporations in large-scale litigation matters, including:
- Normandy Group: in the successful defence of several large scale criminal and civil litigation matters arising out of the takeover by a Normandy Group Company, Brunswick NL, of a Victorian gold company, Bendigo Gold Limited;
- the administrators of Ansett Airlines: in relation to insolvency and litigation proceedings with respect to the administration of Ansett Airlines;
- Sherritt International & Dynatec Corporation: in the defence of a $1.5 billion claim under Section 52 of the Trade Practices Act in relation to a nickel mine in Western Australia. The claim has since been discontinued in its entirety;
- Kawasaki: in trade practices disputes in the Federal Court with a major Victorian distributor;
- Barro: in relation to Federal Court proceedings regarding the proposed takeover of Adelaide Brighton by Boral; and
- Steve Vizard: in relation to proceedings brought against Steve Vizard’s former financial adviser.