Luise Squire practices in the firm’s banking and finance practice with a particular focus on property finance.
She has acted for a variety of commercial and corporate clients, including financial institutions, large corporations, property developers, high net worth individuals, both as financier (both senior and mezzanine) and borrower. She has previously represented the major banks in construction finance and has led large-scale finance projects.
Luise joined the firm in 2018 and was admitted to practice in 2015. She was appointed as a senior associate in July 2021.
Luise’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- property investment and development financings, including senior and mezzanine financings
- corporate and acquisition financings, and
- general commercial and corporate transactions.
Luise’s experience includes the following matters:
- Dial-a-Dump Industries: in connection with various financing aspects of the sale of the privately owned group to ASX listed Bingo Industries, and
- Thorney Investment Group: in connection with various financing aspects of the sale of the former Fairfax regional papers.
- US investment firm, Starwood Capital on behalf of Starwood Property Trust, on its first Australian debt deal, a $220 million development facility for a project by international student accommodation specialist, Scape,
- Alceon: in relation to numerous senior debt financing facilities made available to various property developers for property investment, development and residual stock purposes
- Centennial Property Group: in relation to numerous investment and development financings, including senior and mezzanine debt for various commercial, residential and industrial property acquisitions and developments (both in its capacity as lender and borrower)
- Haben Property Fund: in relation to various investment and development financings (as borrower) in respect of numerous shopping centres in New South Wales and Queensland
- IJD Group: in relation to various property financings in its capacity as lender
- Qualitas: in relation to various investment, mezzanine construction and residual stock financings (in its capacity as lender), including for a large residual apartment development in Canberra
- Ramsay Property Group: in relation to various investment and development financings in NSW in its capacity as borrower, and
- Bricktop Group Pty Ltd: in relation to various investment and development financings in NSW in its capacity as lender.