Emily Simmons is a Special Counsel in the firm’s commercial and corporate and private client practices in Melbourne. With a particular focus on private clients, she predominantly advises high-net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, family groups and private corporations.
“Emily’s commitment to her clients is first class. She is commercially-savvy and provides creative solutions to complex legal issues.”
- mergers and acquisitions
- stakeholder agreements, including shareholder, unitholder, partnership and joint venture agreements
- business restructuring and succession planning, including family and governance agreements
- commercial and corporate advice
- private clients and wealth management, including asset protection and estate planning, and
- philanthropy and charitable giving, including the establishment and endorsement of private ancillary funds and other special purpose philanthropic entities.
Emily has acted for high-net-wealth individuals, family groups and corporations in a range of matters, including:
- Greening Australia: in relation to the Commonwealth Bank of Australia's minority equity investment in Nindethana Seed Service, Australia's largest native seed merchant
- Van Haandel family: in relation to the sale of the iconic Byron Bay Beach Hotel to Moelis Australia
- Probe Group: in relation to the restructure and sale of its business process outsourcing business to Five V Capital
- Caprice Australia: in relation to the purchase of the brand Mambo from SB Lifestyle Brands LLC
- Cash Resources Australia: in relation to the sale of its invoice discounting business to finance company, Thorn Group Ltd
- RPM Group: in relation to the sale of its Pro-Ex Automotive and Opposite Lock businesses to Automotive Brands Group
- Castello Group: in relation to the acquisition of various licensed hotel businesses
- Alan Eskander: in relation to the sale of his online bookmaker business, Betstar to UK-based Ladbrokes
- Tasman Market Fresh Meats: in relation to the sale of a majority stake of its meat retail business to private equity firm, Equity Partners
- various private clients: in relation to acquisitions, sales and restructuring of Australian and international businesses in a range of sectors, including retail, manufacturing, property, property development, hospitality, gaming and professional services
- Michael Coppel: in relation to the sale of his Australia and New Zealand-based concert promoter business, Michael Coppel Presents to Live Nation
- medical groups and allied health professionals: in relation to structuring, acquisitions and sales
- accounting and financial advisory firms: in relation to restructuring and stakeholder agreements
- high-net-worth individuals and family groups: in relation to wealth management, business succession planning, family agreements, estate planning and complex family disputes
- AFL and other sporting clubs and associations: in relation to structuring, fundraising and the establishment of community foundations
- social enterprises: in relation to structuring, governance and a broad range of commercial issues, including funding, licence, auspice and collaboration agreements, and
- tax deductible and other charitable foundations: in relation to the establishment and endorsement of public and private ancillary funds and other special purpose philanthropic entities.
Directorships & memberships
Emily is a Director of Variety Australia.