Alexandra Harrison-Ichlov practises in the firm’s litigation & dispute resolution group. She acts for public and private companies, as well as high net worth individuals.
Alexandra has acted in a diverse range of commercial disputes, corporate insolvencies, regulatory investigations and parliamentary inquiries. She has also acted on behalf of a number of pro bono clients, including community organisations and charities.
Alexandra holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne. She also completed a Master of Law (First Class) at the University of Cambridge, during which she was awarded the Sir William Wade Prize for Civil Liberties and Human Rights. During 2019 and 2020, Alexandra was an Associate to the Honourable Justice Mortimer of the Federal Court of Australia.
Alexandra joined the firm as a graduate in 2017 and was admitted to practice in 2018. She was appointed as a senior associate in July 2021.
Rising Star: Commercial litigation and insolvency law
- commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- insolvency and restructuring advice and litigation
- regulatory investigations
- royal commissions and parliamentary inquiries
- corporate governance, including board and shareholder disputes and directors’ duties, and
- contractual, trust and trade practices disputes.
Alexandra has acted for clients on a range of matters, including:
Dispute resolution & litigation
- Freedom Foods Group Limited: in relation to a cross-border dispute with a Californian-based agricultural cooperative
- an automotive manufacturer: defending applications for preliminary discovery and injunctive relief brought in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Heritage Care Pty Ltd: defending a class action brought on behalf of certain residents of the Epping Gardens aged care facility, and their family members, in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Slea Pty Ltd: a founding shareholder in a major Australian mortgage aggregator, in complex proceedings alleging various breaches of the Corporations Act in the Supreme Court of Victoria, Victorian Court of Appeal and High Court of Australia, and
- various companies and high-net-worth individuals: in relation to contractual disputes and trade practices claims.
Restructuring & insolvency
- an automotive manufacturer: in connection with the restructure of its network and implementation of a new business model
- the Deed Administrators of Oroton Group: in respect of proceedings for orders under s 444GA of the Corporations Act for leave to transfer shares pursuant to a deed of company arrangement
- the Deed Administrators of PAS Group Limited: in respect of proceedings for orders under s 444GA of the Corporations Act for leave to transfer shares pursuant to a deed of company arrangement, and
- creditors, directors and officers of entities in liquidation or subject to a deed of company arrangement: general advice regarding duties under the Corporations Act and potential claims.
- high-net-worth individuals and companies: in relation to freedom of information requests, and
- various individuals: in relation to ASIC compulsory production and examination notices.
- four leading industry superannuation funds and Industry Super Australia: in connection with the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
- Japara Healthcare Limited: in connection with the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety, and
- a leading NDIS provider: in connection with the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety.
Awards & recognition
Alexandra is recognised as a leading lawyer by an international guide to lawyers and law firms:
- Doyle's Guide: Rising Star - commercial litigation & insolvency law.