Zoe Chung is a Special Counsel in the firm’s taxation group. Zoe’s core expertise is in state taxation law across all Australian states and territories, providing all types of assistance from pre-transaction advice, lodgement, negotiation and dispute resolution.
Zoe has more than 17 years’ experience providing state taxation advisory, Revenue Authority liaison and M&A services to clients in a wide range of industries including superannuation & funds management, property (development, leasing and retail), mining & infrastructure and retail & consumer.
Prior to re-joining ABL in 2018, Zoe was a Partner at PwC, specialising in state taxation in all Australian jurisdictions with a focus on stamp duty.
Zoe has a keen interest in diversity and inclusion and social justice issues. She has undertaken pro bono work for a number of not-for-profit organisations and has also participated in formulating cultural and gender diversity agendas.
Directorships & memberships
- Fellow Taxation Institute of Victoria (TIA)
- TIA Vic State Taxes Subcommitee
- Finance and Investment Committee (Vic) Urban Development Institute of Australia
- Leadership, Industry Workforce and Diversity Committee (Vic) Urban Development Institute of Australia
- Property development, property syndication, property funds management, structured and project financing
- Superannuation mergers and investment related decisions
- Major infrastructure projects, public private partnerships and privatisations
- Corporate restructures, takeovers and mergers, demergers, IPOs, business acquisitions
Zoe’s emphasis on strategic stamp duty planning and structuring includes the provision of advice and project management and the co-ordination of communications and lodgements with Revenue Authorities.