Simone Gould is a senior associate in the firm’s commercial and corporate group. Her practice focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions, restructures, insolvency, intellectual property and equity capital markets.
She acts for a range of public and private clients in Australia and overseas across various industry sectors including retail, technology and property.
Simone graduated from Monash University with a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws with first class honours. She joined the firm as a law graduate in 2017 and was admitted to practice in 2018. She was appointed as a senior associate in July 2021. Simone is also a member of TMA Australia’s NextGen Committee.
Simone’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- public takeovers, mergers and acquisitions
- public and private capital raisings, including secondary equity capital raisings, venture capital and private equity funds
- restructuring, insolvency and distressed debt transactions
- listed and non-listed corporate governance, compliance and advisory
- private business and share acquisitions and disposal, and
- general commercial and corporate advice.
Simone’s experience includes the following matters:
Corporate and M&A
- Kogan: in relation to its $122.4 million acquisition of Mighty Ape Limited
- Michael Schreiber, the founder of Funlab: on his sale and rollover as part of the overall sale to global private equity firm TPG Capital
- a consortium controlled by Antony Catalano and Thorney Investment Group: in relation to the $115 million acquisition of the Australian Community Media and printing business from Nine Entertainment
- Votiro Cybersec: in relation to a strategic investment by ASX-listed Senetas Corporation Limited, and
- QCoal: in relation to a $90 million refinancing transaction with Queensland coal miner Bounty Mining.
Restructuring, insolvency and distressed debt transactions
- an Automotive manufacturer: in connection with the restructure of its network and implementation of a new business model
- Administrators of Oroton Group: providing general corporate advice concerning the administration, commercial transactions and the subsequent deed of company arrangement involving a transfer of shares under s 444GA of the Corporations Act and delisting
- Deed administrators of PAS Group Limited: in relation to general commercial advice and implementation of the section 444GA transfer of all shares in listed retail fashion group PAS Group Limited
- Axsesstoday insolvency: advised the administrators of ASX-listed Axsesstoday Limited on the restructure and $260 million sale to an affiliate of private equity firm, Cerberus Capital Management
- Slater & Gordon Limited: in respect of its 2017 corporate restructure
- Bis Industries: advising the payment-in-kind noteholders in the Bis Industries restructure, effected under a scheme of arrangement, and
- Administrators, receivers and deed administrators: providing advice in relation to general corporate matters and regulatory relief applications.
Capital markets and venture capital
- Phileo Australia: advised Rudy Koh, Managing Director and major shareholder, as the proponent of Phileo’s proposed privatisation involving a selective capital reduction and ASX delisting
- acting for private equity and venture capital in relation to investments, fund establishment and structuring, including acting for Square Peg Capital and Trawalla Capital, and
- acting for start-ups in relation to various funding rounds, including Inquisitive Learning and Cannatrek.