Rob Deev is a senior associate in the firm’s property & development practice. He has advised clients in a broad range of real estate matters, including disposals, acquisitions, developments and leasing transactions.
Rob has acted for many of Australia's leading private, corporate and institutional real estate developers and investors.
Rob joined the firm in 2015 and was admitted to practice in 2017. He was appointed as a senior associate in July 2021.
Rob’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- disposals, acquisitions and developments of commercial, industrial, mixed-use and retail properties
- commercial, industrial and retail leasing transactions
- advice on title issues and land subdivisions
- property due diligence, and
- advice on Foreign Investment Review Board matters.
Rob has acted in a range of matters, including:
- Charter Hall Group:
- in relation to the sale of part of the Drystone Industrial Estate, Truganina to GPT for $127 million
- in relation to the sale of the Great Western Super Centre, Keperra to Consolidated Properties Group and CVS Lane Capital Partners for $84.5 million, and
- in relation to the acquisition of Bunnings Gungahlin, ACT from Bunnings Group
- Haben Property Fund: in relation to the purchase of The Pines shopping centre from Stockland for $155 million
- Heathbridge: in relation to the sale of Burwood One Shopping Centre for approximately $200 million
- Highpoint Property Group: in relation to the Group's sale of a 25% stake in Highpoint Shopping Centre to GPT for $680 million
- IP Generation: in relation to the acquisition of Corio Shopping Centre from Vicinity Centres for $101 million
- Yarra Park City: in relation to the sale of the Melbourne Square retail shopping centre to Primewest for $70 million
- Walker Corporation: in relation to the acquisition of a 50% interest in Goods Shed North from an Abacus-controlled entity for $56 million
- Zagame Corporation: in relation to the acquisition of the commercial office building at 2 Luton Lane, Hawthorn for $55 million
- Bricktop Group: in relation to the sale of 250 Camberwell Road, Camberwell to Peak Equities for $27.5 million and the purchase of 14-22 Grey Street, Traralgon
- Private clients: in relation to the sale of Bellarine Village Shopping Centre, Coburg North Shopping Centre, Coles Mentone and North Albury Shopping Centre
- Juilliard Group of Companies: in relation to ongoing commercial and retail leasing matters, and
- Hallmarc: in relation to ongoing commercial leasing matters.
Residential and mixed-use transactions
- Metro Property: in relation to the acquisition of the ‘Bingara Gorge’ site from Lendlease, one of Australia’s largest residential subdivision sites
- MAB Corporation: in relation to the development and sale of the Quest tower at NewQuay Docklands to Ascott
- AsheMorgan: in relation to the ongoing development, commercial leasing and subdivision of the Harbour Town portfolio at Docklands, and
- Bensons Property Group: in relation to the sale of management and letting rights at various Bensons’ developments.