Rachel Richardson is a senior associate in the firm’s property & development group.
Rachel advises on the full cycle of real estate—from fund through structuring, acquisitions, development, co-ownership, property management, leasing and disposals across a range of asset classes including commercial, industrial, build to rent and retail.
Her clients include both public and private clients, encompassing major Australian and international property developers, financial and educational institutions, government bodies, professional consultants and pro-bono clients.
Rachel's professional legal experience includes six years practising property law in several leading Australian law firms. In 2018, she then moved into an in-house counsel role at Mirvac with the Chief Investment Officer, before returning to private practice as a senior associate at the firm in early 2022.
Rachel’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- Acquisitions and disposals for build to rent, commercial, industrial, mixed-use and retail properties
- Property due diligence
- Fund through development projects
- Commercial, industrial, retail and build to rent leasing
- Build to rent operations
Rachel has acted for a number of Australia’s leading commercial property investors, developers, and NSW government bodies.
Prior to joining the firm, Rachel worked on the following matters:
- Mirvac: in relation to the:
- acquisition and redevelopment of a 14 hectare industrial estate in Auburn, NSW as a joint venture with Morgan Stanley;
- acquisition and re-development of a 56 hectare site within the Mamre Road Precinct in Western Sydney in Kemps Creek;
- acquisition and re-development of a 244 hectare industrial site in Badgerys Creek, NSW;
- operation of Mirvac’s first build to rent site ‘LIV Indigo’ in Sydney Olympic Park;
- acquisition of 7-23 Spencer Street, Melbourne and its redevelopment as a mixed use precinct and build to rent building;
- acquisition of 395-411 Albert Street, Brunswickand its redevelopment as a build-to-rent project;
- disposalof Cherrybrook Shopping Village, NSW, St Marys Shopping Village, NSW and Tramsheds, NSW; and
- leasing and ongoing development of 80 Ann Street, Brisbane
- City of Parramatta: in relation to the development of 3 Parramatta Square, a key stage in the $2 billion Parramatta Square mixed use development, and
- UrbanGrowth NSW: in relation to the disposal of Australian Technology Park.
Awards & recognition
In 2019, Rachel was a winner in the Lawyer’s Weekly 30 under 30 awards in the Construction and Real Estate category.