Peter has over 30 years’ experience in property and development finance law and the commercial law aspects of property acquisitions and development. This work extends to financing arrangements, joint ventures and development management structures.
Having acted for both domestic and foreign financiers and borrowers, Peter has a broad range of experience with a deep understanding of the issues relevant to both parties. This enables him to approach negotiations in a commercial and reasonable manner to facilitate the successful completion of transactions and protect his client's interests.
Peter has previously worked closely with the Property Council of Australia and was a key part of the team which was successful in having the Foreign Acquisition and Takeovers Regulations amended to redress unintended consequences to the commercial property market which arose from amendments made to the law at the end of 2015.
Peter is an expert on the non-bank lending market, having recently written articles and given presentations on the subject to members of the Australian Property Institute to assist them in understanding this new and exciting sector.
Peter has taken a lead role in relation to a range of matters including:
- the acquisition of the Top Ryde Centre in Sydney’s north west;
- the financing of the Howard Smith Wharves Development in Brisbane;
- the financing of the acquisition of the Myer Centre in Adelaide;
- the financing of the development of the Flight Centre Head office in Southbank, Brisbane; and
- the development of the Citibank building in Park Street, Sydney.