Lara O’Rorke is a Senior Associate within the firm’s dispute resolution & litigation practice. Lara acts for public and private companies and high net wealth individuals in commercial disputes.
Lara graduated from The University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Arts (Media & Communications) and Juris Doctor and was admitted to practice in December 2011. Lara was appointed as a Senior Associate in July 2016. Prior to joining ABL in 2014, Lara worked in the general commercial litigation team at Clayton Utz, during which time she completed a secondment at iSelect Ltd and a graduate rotation in the Mergers & Acquisitions team.
Lara’s principal experience is in the State Supreme Courts, the Court of Appeal of the Supreme Court of Victoria, the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria.
Lara’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- contractual disputes;
- competition and consumer law;
- property, lease and building and construction disputes;
- schemes of arrangement;
- administrative law;
- shareholder, director and partnership disputes; and
- regulatory compliance and investigations.
Lara has acted in a range of matters, including on behalf of:
- A trustee and manager of syndicated unlisted unit trusts: in Supreme Court proceedings issued against the tenant of a commercial office building in the Melbourne CBD;
- High net worth individuals and private companies: in relation to contractual disputes and misleading or deceptive conduct, copyright, trademark and patent infringement claims;
- Private individuals: in multiple judicial review proceedings commenced in the Supreme Court of Victoria against the Commissioner of State Revenue;
- Landowners, builders, property developers and tenants: in contractual disputes with local councils, private individuals and corporations; and
- APN Funds Management: in relation to disputes concerning the Scots Church development at 150 Collins Street.