Genevieve practices in the firm’s banking & finance team. She represents financiers and borrowers, including ASX-listed corporations, funds, non-bank lenders and family groups.
Genevieve acts for clients in a diverse range of finance, capital raising, property development, restructuring & insolvency and general commercial matters, including joint ventures, shareholder arrangements and business acquisitions.
Genevieve joined the firm in 2017 as a law graduate and was admitted to practice in 2018. She was appointed as a senior associate in July 2021.
Genevieve’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- banking and finance transactions, including acting for borrowers and lenders in corporate financings, debt and equity financing transactions, property development finance, project finance and mezzanine finance and intercreditor arrangements
- solvent and insolvent restructuring and workout transactions
- managed investment schemes and financial services law, and
- general commercial and corporate transactions, including joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, business acquisitions.
Genevieve has acted for major corporations, funds, financiers and family groups in a range of matters, including:
- Crédit Agricole: as Australian counsel in relation to Crédit Agricole’s role as lead arranger and revolving administrative agent in a US$1.7 billion financing for McDermott International, Inc
- Redcape Hotel Group: in relation to a A$500 million restructure of its corporate debt, and
- Nufarm Limited: in relation to its A$665 million secured syndicated bank facility.
- US investment firm, Starwood Capital on behalf of Starwood Property Trust: in relation to its first Australian debt deal, a A$220 million development facility for a project by international student accommodation specialist, Scape
- Impact Investment Group: debt and equity financing counsel and development structuring advice in relation to $500m+ fund-through and other commercial transactions
- Merricks Capital: in relation to a variety of financings including:
- a A$220 million syndicated facility to fund construction of the Castle Residences residential and hotel development in Sydney, and
- a A$300 million syndicated facility for secured non-bank finance with Melbourne-based developer Goldfields, and
- Qualitas: in relation to the purchase of the A$400 million property portfolio of the Allied Pinnacle flour milling and baked goods business.
Restructuring & insolvency
- Crédit Agricole: as Australian counsel in relation to Crédit Agricole’s role as agent to the revolving DIP lenders in a US$281 billion pre-packaged Chapter 11 restructuring transaction for McDermott International, Inc, and
- Slater & Gordon: in relation to its 2017 corporate restructure.
Corporate & commercial
- The Infrastructure Fund, an institutional infrastructure fund: in relation to its management arrangements with Hastings
- The Grollo family: in relation to its ongoing ownership interest in the Rialto Towers in Melbourne, as part of a complex transfer of a 50% stake in the iconic commercial building, and
- Make Ventures: in relation to a joint venture with AustralianSuper in relation to future build-to-rent-to-own residential developments.