Gabrielle Piesiewicz is a Senior Associate in Arnold Bloch Leibler's Dispute Resolution & Litigation practice group in Sydney.
Gabrielle has experience acting for individuals and companies in a range of matters in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the Federal Court of Australia, including general commercial disputes, cross-border matters, corporate insolvencies, regulatory investigations and white collar crime. Before joining the firm in 2016, Gabrielle was Associate to the Hon. Justice A Robertson of the Federal Court of Australia.
Gabrielle’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- commercial litigation and dispute resolution
- corporate regulatory investigations and enforcement action, and
- white collar crime.
Gabrielle has advised on a range of matters including:
- Former directors of Dick Smith in proceedings relating to alleged breaches of directors' duties
- An individual in an ASIC investigation relating to alleged breaches of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act
- A Chilean liquidator in insolvency and bankruptcy in proceedings relating to obtaining recognition under the UNCITRAL Model Law on Cross Border Insolvency and realising assets
- A prominent Australian artist in a relation to a commercial dispute
- Various private companies and high net worth individuals in relation to contractual disputes, misleading or deceptive conduct claims, and intellectual property rights infringement claims, and
- Members of the Yorta Yorta community in proceedings relating to the Aboriginal Land Rights Act of New South Wales.