Elyse Moore practises in the firm’s litigation & dispute resolution practice.
Elyse acts for a range of clients including public and private companies and high-net-worth individuals in commercial disputes.
Elyse graduated from Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand with a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts. She was admitted to practice in the High Court of New Zealand in December 2013. Elyse joined the firm after relocating to Australia in October 2016 and was appointed as a senior associate effective July 2019.
Elyse’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- contractual disputes
- property and development disputes, lease disputes, joint venture disputes and building and construction disputes
- tortious disputes, and misleading and deceptive conduct claims, and
- commercial litigation in a wide range of matters in the Supreme, County, Federal and appellate Courts, as well as alternative dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation and arbitration.
Elyse has acted in a range of matters, including on behalf of:
Dispute resolution & litigation
- APN Funds Management: in relation to a dispute concerning the Scots Church development at 150 Collins Street, Melbourne
- high-net-worth individuals and private companies in relation to contractual disputes and misleading or deceptive conduct
- landlords and tenants in retail lease and commercial lease disputes, and
- principals and builders in respect of defective building work disputes.
four leading industry superannuation funds and Industry Super Australia: in relation to the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry.