Andrew specialises in planning and environmental law. He advises on a broad range of planning and environmental matters including planning scheme amendments, planning disputes in VCAT, environmental remediation obligations, drafting of s 173 agreements and compulsory acquisitions.
Andrew has acted in relation to a range of planning and development matters. His experience also extends to general property matters.
Andrew joined the firm in 2018 and was admitted to practice in 2014. He was appointed as a senior associate in July 2021.
Andrew’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- due diligence on the acquisition of development sites, including advising on planning, environment and land use risk issues
- planning permit applications and planning scheme amendments, including review proceedings in VCAT
- greenfield residential subdivision
- the negotiation and preparation of Section 173 Agreements and other forms of development agreements
- infrastructure requirements for developments, including development contributions agreements
- the removal and variation of restrictive covenant
- compulsory acquisitions of land
- valuation of land disputes
- remediation and risks associated with the development of contaminated land.
Planning, compensation & valuation
- Mount Scopus Memorial College: in relation to VCAT proceedings with respect to its permit application for school activities
- Bisinella Developments: in relation to its submission to planning panels in Geelong Planning Scheme Amendment C395 Settlement Strategy and Northern & Western Geelong Growth Areas
- East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation: in relation to the planning and heritage aspects of the development of the East Melbourne Synagogue at 488 Albert Street
- Ashe Morgan: in relation to undertaking property and planning due diligence, the drafting of land management agreements and section 173 agreements for various aspects of its District Docklands development,
- Ecoworld: in relation to the drafting of section 173 agreements for its Yarra One development
- Property interest holders in relation to compulsory acquisition claims, and
- Landowners in relation to valuation of land claims.
- Beulah International: in relation to the acquisition of 118 City Road from BMW for $101 million and ongoing advice in relation to the Southbank by Beulah development
- Walker Corporation: in relation to the development of Main Drive Kew, including the drafting of heritage agreements and memorandum of common provisions, and
- OSB Investments: in relation to the sale of the Old Swan Brewery (Perth) to Minderoo Group.