Rebecca Zwier is a senior associate in the corporate and commercial practice. She provides commercial advice to a broad range of clients in both the private and public sectors.
Rebecca’s experience includes acting on private business acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures, capital raisings and general commercial and corporate matters across a range of industries.
Rebecca graduated from the University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws with honours.
Rebecca was appointed as a senior associate in 2016. Prior to joining Arnold Bloch Leibler, she worked in a commercial legal role and also spent a number of years working with an international law firm.
Rebecca’s experience of working in-house enabled her to gain a greater understanding of the client legal experience and the importance of understanding a client’s business, which she brings to her practice.
Recommended for Commercial Law in Australia
Rebecca’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- public takeovers, mergers and acquisitions
- public and private capital raisings, including initial public offerings and ASX listings
- private business acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures, and
- general commercial and corporate advice.
Rebecca’s experience includes the following matters:
Corporate and M&A
- Nufarm: in relation to its:
- the sale of its Latin American business to Sumitomo Chemical Company Limited for $1.18 billion
- acquisition of a European cereal broadleaf herbicide portfolio from American chemical manufacturing company FMC Corporation, and
- acquisition of a portfolio of European crop protection products from Adama Agricultural Solutions and Syngenta Crop Protection
- Michael Schreiber, the founder of Funlab: on his sale and rollover as part of the overall sale to global private equity firm TPG Capital
- a consortium controlled by Antony Catalano and Thorney Investment Group: in relation to the $115 million acquisition of the Australian Community Media and printing business from Nine Entertainment
- the Caras Family: in relation to the sale of the Punthill Apartment Hotels business to Sydney based boutique hotel operator, Veriu
- owners of Airmaster Australia: in relation to the sale of 100% of their shares to Japanese company Daikin Industries
- Carsales: in relation to its acquisition of DeMotores, the operator of automotive classified websites in Argentina, Colombia and Chile
- a private family group: in relation to its acquisition of the Sullivans Cove whisky business from Tasmania Distillery Pty Ltd
- Beddison Corporation: in relation to its partial sell-down to a listed Japanese purchaser
- Icon Co: in relation to its sale of a majority stake to one of Japan’s largest builders, Kajima Corporation and various other commercial matters
- SuperPay Australia Pty Ltd (a subsidiary of European payment services provider Bambora Group): in relation to its acquisition of IP Payments and various other matters
- Aware Water Holdings Pty Ltd, a newly established entity which owns and leases water entitlements in Australia: in relation to its acquisition of 100 per cent of the issued share capital of Summit Water Holdings Pty Ltd, and
- RCG Corporation: in relation to its $200 million acquisition of Accent Group Limited, distributor and retailer of Vans, Skechers, Dr Martens and Timberland.
- Nufarm: in relation to its $97.5 million placement of preference securities to existing shareholder and strategic business partner, Sumitomo Chemical Company Limited.
Awards & recognition
Rebecca is recognised as a leading lawyer by an international guide to lawyers and law firms:
- Best Lawyers® International: commercial law and mergers & acquisitions law.