He provides technical and strategic tax advice to a range of clients including high-net-worth individuals, large private groups, public entities and not-for-profits.
Prior to joining Arnold Bloch Leibler, Mark held various positions with leading accounting firms, and was a Senior Fellow lecturing on tax avoidance in the Melbourne Law Masters program. He was appointed as a senior associate effective July 2019.
Mark is a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and he is also a member of the International Fiscal Association. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Masters of Tax from the University of Melbourne, and a Master of Laws (Juris Doctor) from Monash University.
Mark’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- Audits and reviews: advising clients on, and managing, all stages of ATO audits and reviews of income tax and GST matters
- Alternative dispute resolution and litigation: resolving disputes with the ATO regarding tax and administrative issues
- Voluntary disclosures and pre-lodgement reviews: advising on and managing disclosures in relation to complex tax issues to the ATO
- Income tax advice: advising on the application of income tax law in relation to general and specific anti-avoidance regimes, the debt/equity provisions, Division 7A, cross-border trust arrangements, and
- Foreign investment issues: advising on, and preparing applications under, the foreign investment regime, and advising on various State and Commonwealth surcharges and taxes imposed on foreign investors.