Jane's experience encompasses a wide range of corporate transactions, equity capital markets, M&A and regulatory compliance. Jane is recognised by Best Lawyers® International in the area of corporate law, M&A and insolvency and reorganisation law and is recommended for capital markets, corporate and M&A and restructuring and insolvency by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific. Jane is also recognised in Chambers Asia Pacific in the category of restructuring/insolvency.
In addition to her public company and insolvency work, Jane acts for a number of clients involved in the biotechnology sector, advising on commercialisation and other transactional matters. Jane was a member of the Takeovers Panel, a peer body which reviews corporate control transactions and resolves takeover disputes, from 2010 – 2016. She was a commercial partner at Arnold Bloch Leibler between 1995 and 2018.
Jane is a member of the commercial & corporate, insolvency, intellectual property and technology practices. Her practice focuses on the following areas:
- public listings and capital raisings, both on behalf of issuers and underwriters, including advice on Corporations Act regulatory requirements and Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) listing rule compliance;
- infrastructure privatisation and major projects, including project documentation and structuring of equity participation;
- corporate transactions and M&A, including sales and purchases of businesses, joint ventures, shareholders and subscription agreements, supply/distribution and other services agreements;
- insolvency, including restructures and realisations involving complex corporate groups and managed investment schemes;
- biotechnology, commercialisation and licensing, venture capital funds, research and development; and
- corporate governance, licensing and regulatory compliance.