Carol Stuart practises in the firm’s dispute resolution & litigation group. She acts for a range of major Australian corporations, government authorities, and private clients in a broad range of matters.
Carol has a particular focus on issues management and corporate governance. She assists clients with strategic communications advice and media management of high profile disputes to protect their reputations and brand positioning.
Prior to her legal career, Carol held various senior management roles providing strategic communications and issues management, and media relations advice and corporate governance oversight. Her strong journalism and strategic communications background spans more than two decades, including advising the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Carol has also provided issues management advice and professional writing services to the Office of Public Prosecution, the City of Melbourne and Transurban, and has board experience, including two terms on the Falls Creek Resort Management Board.
Carol holds a Bachelor of Economics and a Master of Laws from Monash University. She was admitted to practice in 2011, and joined Arnold Bloch Leibler in 2012.
Carol’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- media and defamation law;
- dispute resolution and commercial litigation;
- corporate governance; and
- administrative law matters.
Carol has been involved in a range of matters, including on behalf of:
- various clients: in relation to high profile media law disputes and defamation claims;
- public interest clients: in relation to its board policies and structure; and
- commercial clients engaged in contract disputes.