She has acted for public, private and government clients, including property developers, and hospitality, retail and agri-business operators in relation to planning and development matters. Her experience also extends to general property and commercial litigation matters.
Prior to joining Arnold Bloch Leibler in 2009, Andrea worked with Mullins Lawyers in Brisbane where she practised predominately in the area of planning and environmental law. She brings with her expertise in conducting matters in the Queensland Planning & Environment Court and the Queensland Land Court. In 2011, Andrea was appointed as a senior associate.
Andrea graduated with a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Business from Queensland University of Technology in 2005 and was admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia in 2007.
Andrea’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- due diligence on the acquisition of development sites, including advising on planning, environment and land use risk issues;
- planning permit applications and planning scheme amendments, including review proceedings in VCAT;
- greenfield residential subdivision;
- the negotiation and preparation of Section 173 Agreements and other forms of development agreements;
- infrastructure requirements for developments, including development contributions agreements;
- the removal and variation of restrictive covenants;
- the purchase, transfer and registration of native vegetation credits (offsets);
- compulsory acquisitions of land, including consequential valuation of land issues; and
- advice in respect of remediation of, and risks associated with the development of, contaminated land.