Throughout her career, Kym has worked closely with HR teams, senior executives and directors in relation to the resolution of workplace issues, managing employment disputes and litigation, advising on discrimination and equal opportunities law and conducting workplace investigations.
Prior to joining Arnold Bloch Leibler in 2017, Kym was the Head of Legal and Principal Employment Solicitor of a large educational body in the UK, where she managed a team of legal and non-legal staff and led a number of high profile discrimination, whistleblowing, and judicial review proceedings. Since returning to Australia, Kym has broadened her workplace experience by obtaining qualifications in workplace investigations, and working as a workplace and ethics investigator. Kym commenced her legal career in the employment team at Herbert Smith Freehills.
Kym graduated from the University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws, both with Honours. She also has a Master of Science in Human Rights from the London School of Economics and Political Science. Kym continues to take an active interest in academia, and lectures and tutors legal and justice studies at RMIT.
Kym’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- complex employment litigation and dispute resolution;
- managing and advising on workplace investigations and whistleblowing allegations;
- discrimination and equal employment opportunity, including equal pay disputes;
- bullying and adverse action complaints;
- due diligence for commercial transactions; and
- transfer of business issues.
Qualified Workplace Mediator (ADR Group, London)
Certificate III in Investigative Services