He has represented organisations from a number of different industries including financial and professional services, oil and resources, tourism, retail and pharmaceutical.
Alex takes a business-minded approach to his advice, working closely with clients to ensure that a dispute or litigation is resolved quickly and in a way that protects their commercial interests and objectives. When a full-scale litigation is required, Alex advises clients with enthusiasm and effectiveness.
His expertise has been recognised by peers – Alex is currently listed for Litigation in the Australian edition of the Best Lawyers® International guide and recommended in the category of Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyers – Melbourne in Doyle’s Guide.
Alex was educated at Sydney and Monash Universities, completing his articles with Arnold Bloch Leibler in 1997. He was appointed a senior associate of the firm in 2000 and became a partner in 2004. Alex is also a regular presenter of papers to lawyers and non-lawyers regarding the practical application of the law in business contexts, in Australia and overseas.
Alex’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- disputes and litigation arising from general commercial and contractual arrangements, in the private sector and government, in Australia and overseas, relating to:
- financial services and regulation (including insider trading);
- professional services (including professional negligence, particularly in financial services contexts);
- oil and resources;
- property (including valuation);
- property development;
- building and construction;
- tax; accounting;
- partnership and joint ventures; and
- intellectual property (including confidential information);
- corporations matters, in particular concerning shareholders’ disputes, takeovers and directors’ duties;
- corporate recovery and insolvency; and
- wills and estates disputes.